Jewelry from NUIT et LINETTE are made of natural materials like precious metals, diamonds and a variety of gemstones. NUIT et LINETTE jewelry can be passed on to the next generation if you take care of it and wear it with caution. We suggest that you have your jewelry that is set with brilliant cut diamonds, pearls or any other gemstones checked at least once a year. This is to prevent any loos or potential damage to the stones.
NUIT et LINETTE will only create jewelry in solid 18 K or 14 K gold.
White gold is an alloy and will never be perfectly white. Therefore, all NUIT et LINETTE’s white gold jewelry is plated with rhodium. The layer will slowly fade over time depending on how frequently the jewelry is being worn. To maintain the white or black look the jewelry must be plated with rhodium by NUIT et LINETTE again depending on how frequently the jewelry is being worn. Please contact NUIT et LINETTE if you want a new rhodium plating for your white gold jewelry.
Many of our 925 sterling silver jewelry designs are surface treated or have a textured surface. The surface treatment will fade over time because of contact with clothes, water, sweat and hard surfaces.
The black oxidized layer slowly fades with daily or frequent wear.
When jewelry is being worn it will over time and with daily use come in contact with hard surfaces and other materials. A patina will appear on the surfaces and will affect textured as well as plated surfaces. Rings are often the most exposed pieces of jewelry.
HOW TO STORE AND WEAR YOUR JEWELRY:
- Always protect your jewelry from hard surfaces, chemicals, perfumes and body lotions.
- Do not wear your jewelry in a jacuzzi, swimming pool and sauna or while bathing and showering.
- Store your jewelry in the provided box when not in use.
- Avoid wearing your jewelry when cleaning, gardening and doing sports activities.
- If your jewelry is set with diamonds or gemstones have the setting checked ones a year by NUIT et LINETTE.
HOW TO CLEAN YOUR JEWELRY:
Clean your jewelry regularly
– Place your jewelry in a bowl with mild soap and warm water. Let it soak for 15-30 minutes depending on how much dirt you have to remove.
- Use a soft toothbrush and scrub gently in the warm water.